Title: Desktop Support
Desktop Technical Support II is responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting company’s computer systems. He/she is also responsible for the investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of network system, hardware, software and infrastructure.
- Install, configure and administer:
- Windows operating systems (Win 7 and Win8) & Mac OS
- MS Exchange 2010 / earlier / most recent
- Responsible for complete configuration, installation and support of equipment in a Microsoft Windows environment, from design through implementation and support.
- Perform a wide variety of installation, configuration and upgrading of workstations, servers, network segment, internet and intranet systems and related network hardware and software in a LAN, WAN and stand-alone environment.
- Provide investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of system, hardware, software and infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and resolve computer related issues when contacted by clients by providing both on-site and remote support.
- Maintain software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance.
- Manage assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration. Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executable.
- Respond to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Respond to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, and site personnel and outside vendors etc. to provide technical assistance and support.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages and/or emails regarding Network and/or hardware problems.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Complete time logs in ConnectWise system within 24 hours of completing tasks to ensure accurate and timely time tracking, project management and billing of customers.
- Proven leadership and multitasking ability.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Operate under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, accountability and transparency.
- G class drivers license with own vehicle.
Job requirements: ( Experience may be considered as substitute for this requirement)
- MCP/MCSA – Microsoft Certified Professional.
- CCNA – Cisco Certified Network Associate.
- Be available for Afterhours/Weekend on-call support (8PM-8AM).
- Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint Administration.
- Strong Technical expertise of Windows Servers, workstations, Mac OS, MS Exchange, VMware, Citrix, Firewall, SAN Device, Anti-virus and other network infrastructure devices.
- Experience working VOIP solutions.
- Assist clients with installation, Configuration and troubleshooting, network and hardware issues with time attendance system as Digital Clocks.
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
- At least 3-5 years of IT experience.
- 2-3 years hands-on System Administration experience in a Unix\Linux Environment.
- Ability to occasionally travel.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Diploma in Computer Engineering or related.
- Experience may be considered as substitute for this requirement.
- Ottawa, ON
- 3-5 years of IT Experience: 3 years
Please submit resumes to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your resume and cover letter to apply.